Heaven: A place where many are headed to but very few know the Way.
When we went to Carowinds back in Sept, while we were standing in line to get on a ride, we overheard a young man describe what he thought Hell was like.
As we stood there to listen I couldn’t help but clarify to this guy just what the Bible described as Hell.
When i finished telling him, he kindly began to try and mock me in front of his friends, hence the word “try”.
At that moment i knew it was time to bring a message of what Hell is described as from the Bible’s point of view.
Before I give the insight on that, you will first hear about HEAVEN, yyyaaaaayyyyy.
Heaven is mentioned 266 times in the Old Testament and Jesus spoke about Heaven 410 times.
5 things that we will look at and consider about what Heaven is like:
- Heaven is a Place of Peace Revelation 21:4God will be with man, He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. And He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new. Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true. ” He also said “It is DONE! I am the Beginning and the End…….
- Heaven is a Place where God is Revelation 21:22And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple IS the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.
- Heaven is for anyone who believes, but everyone is not going Matthew 7:21. Those who believe inn the gospel of Jesus Christ are written in the Lambs Book of Life Revelation 20:15You can know OF God all you want but if He doesn’t know you then you are out of luck Matt 7:21. Revelation 20:15.
- Heaven is a Place of Beauty Revelation 21:19—20; The 12 stone types that will make up Heaven. Not included is pure gold(which is transparent) of which the streets will be made of. The Pearl is what the 12 gates of Heaven will be made
5. Heaven is a Place of MUCH singing Revelation 4:8
One thing that is for certain is that we are all guaranteed to face death as some point in time or another Hebrews 9:27. We must continue to live out the life that Jesus has called us to live, which is to honor Him in all that we do and to make sure we treat others with love. He came to show us the kind of Love that He has toward us in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us. This act of Love was the turning point in human history for us to have an opportunity to be able to have an established relationship with the Father and for us to have a chance to be with Him for eternity in Heaven.
Often times people mistake heaven for a place that is the where everyone goes when they die or they have a false hope about people going to a “better place” to be with “the man up stairs” and live the rest of eternity on a cloud playing a harp…..WRONG…this could be no further from the truth of what heaven actually is.
- Heaven is Not a Place of Time: The word “eternity” means never ending
- Heaven is Not a Place With Sin: Sin is not allowed into the presence of a Holy God Revelation 21:8
- Heaven is Not a Place of Defeat: When Jesus rose from the grave, the power of sin was broken
- Heaven is Not a Place of Darkness: God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all. Revelation 21:23
- Heaven is not Here on the Earth 1 Corinthians 2:9
John 14:1-4-In My Father’s house are many Mansions….The New Heaven was measured 12000 furlong. 1 furlong= approx. 600 feet, which totals to almost 1500 miles. The length and width and height is the same. 1500 miles cubed, the distance from New York to Houston Tx. On the first level, it would contain 30,000 streets and 45 mill miles of road. The atmosphere stops at 100 miles. The walls are 216ft thick.