Death is something that we are all guaranteed but usually pay little attention to.
The Bible tells us in Hebrews 9:27 that we are promised to die only once and then face the Judgment.
Today we will be looking at death: the different types and what they mean
4 types of death that the bible mentions:
- Physical Death: the end of physical life.
- Spiritual Death: Lack of Spiritual life
- The Second Death: The State of one who is not “Saved”
- Figurative Death: Using death as a descriptive term
Throughout the world, people claim to know what happens after the life of someone comes to an end. Some theories are: Heaven or Hell, reincarnation, cease to exist, purgatory, ghost/poltergeists, limbo, ect… I believe Heaven or Hell due to the credibility of the God who had declared either of the two for the outcome of mankind.
1. Physical Death: The end of physical life
a) Caused by sin Romans 5:12
b) Controlled by God 1Sam 2:6
c) Happens only once, followed by the judgment Hebrews 9:27
d) Is an enemy 1 Cor 15:26
e) Is inevitable Ecc 9:5
2. Spiritual Death: Lack of Spiritual life
a) Caused by a lack of regeneration (no spiritual rebirth/religious revival). 1 Cor 2:14
b) Cured by regeneration (spiritual rebirth or religious revival)
3. The Second Death: The state of one who is not “Saved”
b) For those who lack the faith in Jesus Christ Revelation 21:8
4. Figurative Death: Using death to describe certain terms
a) Death to self. 1 Cor 15:31
b) Death to sin. Romans 6:11
c) Being “dead” to something implies being unresponsive to it or that the thing has lost its power.