Why Do I Have To Stop Having Sex When I Become A Christian?
• Often times we face difficult challenges in life that require us to make decisions that we sometimes don’t want to make.
• One of the most difficult pressures that students face today is acceptance.
• The most common pressure that is imposed on people is Sex. It is the leading decision that people look to when selecting either a BF/GF or Spouse.
• Most of the time, girls feel the great desire to be accepted, and will sometimes do whatever it takes to accomplish that. The downfall to that is the emotional attachment that comes with it.
• Guys, on the other hand, have a great sense to want and to have what they SEE. The downfall to this is that they will allow themselves to make some incredible decisions to jeopardize their reputation and their walk with Christ.
So what makes it a big deal?
What if the pressures aren’t the problem or what if I’m not into the whole getting attention thing?
So why should I stop?
The question isn’t why you should stop, the real question is should you be doing it in the first place?
- The biggest problem with having an intimate relationship before marriage is the fact that:
- God considers this act of sex before marriage FORNICATION.
Fornicate- having sex with someone you are not married to.
Look at the text for further explanation:
1 Corinthians 7:2 Should men stay away from women altogether? No, because the flesh will not win against the temptation, so instead of falling into adultery, get a spouse.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-8nlt This is a calling for you to control yourself and to set an example to others. Be DIFFERENT not like everyone else.
refers to voluntary sexual intercourse of an unmarried person with anyone of the opposite sex. (THIS IS WHAT THE WORLD THINKS AND AGREES WITH)
Mark 7:21 All 3 show the flesh defiles a person
used in a list of sins which includes “adultery”
Matthew 5:28, Jesus says that “Everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” Please note that “Everyone” means “Everyone” both married and single.
In the bible, sexual sin is the only sin that was committed against the body.
How is this that it is the only one against the body?
The bible is very clear that our bodies house the Spirit of God, which is the temple of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-20
1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
This is what makes it so bad. God cannot be anywhere that is unclean and not cleansed.
Better yet, why would you want to have that kind of stuff going on if He is around?
There are about 15 different styles or methods to try and prevent STD’s or pregnancy. The only one that is guaranteed is abstinence. Everything else is flawed in some sort or another.
So do you really want to compare your spouse on your honeymoon to everyone else you have been with?
Would you carelessly choose to be vulnerable to dealing with diseases for a few acts of pleasure?
Is that how you want to represent God; Good enough to save you but not good enough to live for?
Fornication is what prostitutes commit. Fornicators have the heart of adultery. How well do you think that would fly over by God?
1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
How can I honor God with my relationship?
Make an effort to put some boundaries in place.
No late night dates.
If kissing is a stumbling block to you or for you partner, then minimize it
Let others know what you are doing and when you may be in a vulnerable state
Never be in a closed room alone
Never go to a man’s (dad) house when he isn’t home to be with his girl (daughter). No exceptions
What are some boundaries that you have in place?
God invented safe sex……It’s Called MARRIAGE