How Can I Have A Relationship With God When He Can’t Be Seen?
The question at hand is not a question of salvation but a question of possibility?
Is it possible to have a relationship with God since He cannot be seen? OF COURSE it is. Eph 1:5 Romans 8:17(if we are children then we are heirs……)
Throughout the Bible, there are several instances that occurred where God revealed Himself to man and what had to take place in order for Him to do this.
When Jesus was with Adam, (Gen 1) He was in human form, just like He was when He came for our atonement. When He was with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, (Daniel 3) He was in human form (Neb saw One standing in the midst of them like the Son of Man)
When God had shown Himself to Moses, Moses could not have on his sandals, he had to turn around and hide in the cleft of a rock and when God passed by Moses, he had to put a veil over his face because of the radiance was too bright for others to see.
So you have to know what kind of relationship is in question. There are 3 things that would either increase or destroy your relationship with the Father.
1. Non-Belief; John 5:31-47 Any type of thinking or belief that says Jesus is not needed or true or legit will destroy any attempt to have a relationship with the Father
2. Sin; 1John 1:8 (If we say we have no sin then we lie and the truth is not in us) Jesus is Truth. No truth, no Jesus. Ps.66:18
3.Doubt; Romans 10:9 if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and Believe God raised Him from the dead you WILL be saved….DC version; if you doubt Jesus is Lord then you can’t believe God raised Him from the dead so there’s no way you can be saved.
1. Belief; John 3:16 Whosoever believes WILL have LIFE
2. Repentance; Acts 2:8, Luke 13:3, 1 John 1:9 When we acknowledge who we really are and what we have done and who we have done it to, it is a very clear sign that your relationship with God will increase.
3. Faith; Hebrews 11:1, Means Reliance, trust. Abraham, Moses and Rahab, were showing that they had reliance upon a God who was known to be Trustworthy. Such reliance enabled the believer to treat the future as present and the invisible as the seen. This term used “faith is the evidence” is the same phrase as “Knowledge is Power”.
When God created the human race, He designed us to have a void that only He can satisfy and fill. God allowed certain events to occur so His existence would be acknowledged.
The whole reason for creation in the first place was for us to be created, knowing we would sin and Him come to our rescue so that we can have a Relationship with HIM. Isaiah 46:1-13